As you continue to develop in your career, you will find that your responsibilities as a leader will increase. You will be tasked with many different jobs, such as managing conflict, handling communication challenges among your team members, or addressing organizational communication needs. As you know, no employee likes to speak up onlytohave his or her ideas not taken seriously, or to confront others about their working styles, or tofaceuncomfortable gossip among coworkers.
View the LDR/531 Storybooks on the Materials page.
Develop a summary of no more than 1,050 words that includes multiple ways to handle thethree situations shown in the storybooks.
Discuss communication styles and barriers andthe conflict and negotiation process involved in handling the three situations. For each storybook, describe the strategy or strategies you would apply in these situations.
Consider the following as you complete the assignment:
- How would you react when a team member is being vague and trying to spin bad news to sound more positive, thereby making it harder for the team to actually approach and resolvethe issue?
- How couldyou encouragesomeoneto continue to voicehis or heropinion or to share an idea when you knowheor she is hesitant to do so?
- As a manager, howwould you relay an important negative message with as little impact on your team as possible? Whywould you choose this method?
- What is the best way to handle gossip before it spreads?
- Howmightyou handle your team’s feelings after anegative situation has occurred that does not directly affect your team but affects others around them?
- What strategies would you use to help your team alleviate stress caused by deadlines before any conflict arises?
General question for all three storybooks:
- Think about a personal situation from your work experience that is similar toeach storybook scenario. How would you approach the situation differently based on the principles you learned in the storybooks? How might the results change?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.