PPA 604 Urban Planning or Redevelopment Week 6 Research Paper
The final assignment for this course is a research paper. This paper will reflect comprehensive understanding of key concepts that have been discussed during this course. This assignment will provide you with the opportunity to apply related urban planning concepts in an academic paper. The Research Paper will contribute 25% to the course grade.
Focus of the Research Paper
The Research Paper will be based on the urban planning topic selected in the Research Paper Proposal assignment from Week Two. Based on your selected urban planning topic, analyze the key issues with the use of exhibits and an appendix.
You must include (but are not limited to) a discussion of the historical background and contemporary issues related to the paper topic. You must also include an evaluation regarding the plausible political issues that urban planners could potentially encounter and the potential consequences that could result from decision making. Be sure to apply key concepts from this course in your Research Paper.
Writing the Research Paper
- Must be eight- to ten- double-spaced pages in length (not including the title page, appendix, reference page, and exhibits) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
- Name of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least 10 scholarly sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford University Library, in addition to the text.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference List that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.