PPA 605 Negotiation Bargaining & Conflict Management Week 5 Discussion
|Ethics, Fairness, and Trust in Negotiations|
Discuss two of the following statements then respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings. Try to respond to students who picked different statements.
- Discuss how skills in ethics, fairness, and trust can be a part of the negotiation process even though some negotiation tactics challenge those values.
- Identify the Five Bases for Trust and explain why they are important in the negotiation process.
- Describe Kant’s Ethics of Principle and Mill’s Ethics of Consequences philosophies and discuss which theory you would be more incline to use in a negotiating situation.
- Discuss the Functionalist Model, Mutual Trust Principle, and the test for meeting procedural fairness of a negotiation.
|Chapter Case: To Agree or Not to Agree – That is the Question|
Assume the role of one of the five parties in the case as you form your answers. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
- What reasons do you have for remaining with the negotiations at this point?
- Describe three tactics you can use after agreement is reached and your bargaining partner asks for one more thing.
- Detail the parts, i.e., elements of an agreement template and explain why it helped you in this negotiation.
- Identify an ideological issue in this negotiation and explain why it is more difficult than financial negotiations to resolve.
|Keeping a Client|
Answer the following questions and apply the Five Negotiation Skills to an actual negotiation case. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
- How would an agreement template facilitate closing this deal?
- How can you react to the particular demand for limiting your time at the site, which is totally unacceptable, but not risk losing the deal?
- What technique can you sue to move Ms. White past her apparent problems with your engagement?
- How can you avoid the psychological trap of agreeing to an arrangement guaranteed to just to keep this client?
- What techniques can you use during this impromptu negotiation to build a relationship with Ms. White?